Lemongrass Spa Blog
12 Summer Survival Beauty Hacks
Beat the heat and stay fresh, clean and natural with these makeup and body care hacks.
- For the smoothest legs before a night out or big event, use Body Polish as a pre-shaving treatment, by applying and exfoliating your skin with the polish, then rinsing off the sugar and using the excess oils as a shave cream. Try Pomegranate, Midnight Orchid, Pink Champagne or Coconut Lime Vanilla.
- Stop lipstick from bleeding by lining the outer edge of your lips using Neutral Concealing Stick and blend outward with the Foundation Concealer Brush.
- Run out of lip balm? Grab your Organic Skin & Nail Balm or Nursing Balm and apply to lips after a day in the sun.
- Don’t let your Sheer Minerals Makeup melt away! After applying your mineral makeup, set with a few sprays of Mineral Setting Spray then use the Blending Sponge and Matte Veil, Pink Veil or your Mineral Foundation to dab away any oil or shine.
- Keep Eye Liner Pencil from smearing by lightly dusting Matte Veil or Pink Veil under the eye to absorb sweat and hold the line in place.
- Make your Hydrating Body Spritz do double duty to freshen skin and hair! Tame frizz by spraying a couple squirts on your hand and gently smooth hair. Plus, use Hydrating Body Spritz as a detangler after swimming. Try Coconut Cream, Strawberry Lemonade or Grapefruit Lily. Refrigerate for a fragrant, refreshing mist.
- Sooth razor burns with Healing Elements Balm, Prebiotic Facial Mist or Organic Skin & Nail Balm.
- Tone down a red nose from sunburn with Green Corrector Concealing Stick first, apply foundation next then use Honey Glow Bronzer instead of blush.
- Sweat stains are the pits! Try one of these 3 natural stain removers. Avoid use with delicate fabrics like silk, and patch test a small area of dark colored fabric to ensure treatment won’t bleach garment.
- Soak the stained area in vinegar. Whites and light colors: use equal parts cold water and vinegar. Dark colors: use equal parts warm water and vinegar. Rinse and let dry before laundering.
- Cut a lemon in half and rub cut side on stain, squeezing little juice into the stain. Air dry and apply more as needed. Wash as normal.
- Sprinkle baking soda on stained area. Allow to dry and brush off baking soda. Repeat as needed until stain fades. Wash as normal.
- Keep Mineral Setting Spray in a cooler or the refrigerator to cool, hydrate and freshen your face throughout the day. Perfect for a BBQ or other outdoor event.
- Cool a sunburn by applying Prebiotic Facial Mist first followed by Whipped Body Butter once mist has soaked into skin.
Let us know your warm weather beauty hacks in the comments!
Tagged in: beauty hacks makeup hacks natural skincare Sheer Minerals skincare tips summer skincare summer travel