Lemongrass Spa Blog
4 Steps to a Stress Free Holiday
It’s the time of year for celebration, gratitude and worship. Traveling, partying and shopping are the top three activities during the holiday season, and each of these affairs alone trigger some level of stress. Ease some of the seasonal pressure by following these four tips.
Plan & Prioritize
In all my attempts to plan ahead for our annual Thanksgiving gathering, there’s always a detail I missed. Has this happened to you too? Whether you’re hosting a formal affair or casual get-together, preparing ahead of time will reduce last minute stressors such as multiple trips to the store and frantic cleaning. Prioritize your tasks: must-be-done and would-love-to-do. Don’t pressure yourself to present a Martha Stewart-worthy soirée if this isn’t one of your strengths (it’s not mine); instead put the focus on where you excel so you can mingle and enjoy time with your guests.
A few tasks to consider completing a week or two leading up to your event:
- Kitchen prep – are you cooking or catering? Can any portion of the food and drinks be prepared and frozen or made a few days ahead? If not, complete your slicing and dicing the day before.
- Cleaning – it’s much easier to vacuum and wipe down counters the morning of your event than to try to clean your house from top to bottom.
- Shopping – food, decorations or gifts, you won’t want to wait until and be stuck in long lines and crowded stores.
Quick, Healthy Recipes
There are some foods you can’t cook fast (looking at you Thanksgiving turkey!) but most sides and desserts don’t need to be elaborate, nor do you need a buffet of choices. Don’t have a favorite family recipe or looking for fresh ideas? Here are three recipe collections including main dishes, sides and desserts to try.
- Paleo-friendly from www.meatified.com
- Vegan-friendly from www.communitytable.com
- Gluten free from www.delish.com
If you’re offering alcoholic beverages, wine and beer are no-hassle choices, but if you’d like to offer a different option, try a mulled wine or seasonally inspired mix drink. Apple cider, sparkling water and cocoa are traditional choices for everyone in the family.
- Mulled Wine with red wine, cider and spices.
- Ginger Snap cocktail featuring vodka and ginger with a hint of spice.
- Homemade Apple Cider prepared in the slow cooker.
- Homemade Hot Cocoa
Taking time for yourself is always important but even more so during the hectic last few weeks of the year. Tuck the kids in, turn off your cell phone and allow yourself a few minutes to relax and recharge.
- Meditation You’ll find a myriad of reasons for meditation, but none better than easing stress and refocusing during the holiday season. Click here to learn why medication is good for your health.
- Bath Ease a tired body and energize the mind by slipping into a tub of warm water sprinkled with Lavender Vanilla Mineral Bath Soak or Candy Cane Bath Crystals.
- Aromatherapy Transport your mind by diffusing essential oils throughout your home. Peppermint is a holiday favorite and is on sale through the end of the year for only $17. Immune Boost, Energize Blend and Mint Revival add warmth and cheer.
- Mini Facial Stress and lack of sleep can wreak havoc on your skin. Feel as if you stepped out of a fancy spa after a good exfoliation and mask, followed by an infusion of nutrients. Detoxifying Charcoal Trio paired with the Organic Anti Aging Serum boosts skin’s radiance. Or create your own experience with a Customizable Skincare Kit.
Gift giving should be an enjoyable experience for both the giver and receiver, but the reality for the giver has become demands for the newest gadgets, long lines and crabby shoppers. Lemongrass Spa removes these obstacles by offering a fresh, clean & natural gift for everyone on your shopping list. Your gifts are lovingly handcrafted, expertly labeled and carefully shipped by our dedicated team right here in the United States.
You can choose to shop online from the comfort of your own home, wrapped in comfy jammies, sipping a mug of cocoa. For a more personalized shopping experience, your Lemongrass Spa consultants can guide you to the perfect gift for everyone. Host a spa party to earn your holiday wish list!
Inspiration is a click away! Click here for the Holiday Gift Guide.