God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~ Jewish Proverb
Moms gift us life and awaken a lifetime of experiences. They are showered cards for Mother’s Day, but these often find their way to the recycle bin once festivities have ended. Create memories and priceless moments with one of these personal and unique gift ideas to celebrate all the special moms in our lives.
- Offer a living gift in the form of Mom’s favorite potted flowers, trees or herbs. Growing a plant is also a beautiful way to honor a mom or grandmother who has passed.
- Offer a day of services like housecleaning, cooking and grocery shopping. Younger kids can have fun showing Mom how responsible they can be and how much she has taught them.
- Make a small donation to an organization important to Mom. If you live near each other, instead of a monetary donation, plan a day of volunteer work for the organization. Not sure where to start? Try an online volunteer matching service such as VolunteerMatch.org.
- Present Mom with a personalized gift made from old pictures, kids' art and other paper keepsakes. Create one-of-a-kind handmade cards, scrapbook pages or framed collages.
- Enjoy what nature offers. Take mom on a stroll through the park, hike on a mountain trail or dip in the ocean. Plan a fuss-free picnic in the garden. If Mom is limited by mobility, offer a mini escape to far away lands through a documentary or television program about a place she’s dreamt of visiting.
- #LemongrassLovesMoms! One of my favorite means to show mom appreciation is by offering a rejuvenating home spa experience by hosting a Lemongrass Spa party for Mom and her friends. Help them unravel stress with a relaxing foot soak, soften hands with an exfoliating hand spa and restore radiance with a natural facial.
Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 10, but you don’t need to wait until then to spoil Mom. Remind Mom she’s exceptional by surprising her throughout the year with one of these personal experiences.
In the comments let us know other fun, environmentally friendly and unique ways to celebrate Mom.