Lemongrass Spa Blog
Essential Oil Lover’s Guide to Diffusing
Many archeological discoveries have shown evidence of plant extracts being used for religious and medicinal purposes, and ancient texts reference the use of plant extracts for physical and psychological wellbeing. Early distillation of plant extracts, similar to modern-day essential oils, is credited to Persians around the 10th century, but much of what we know about the beginning of aromatherapy has been learned from ancient Egyptian culture where evidence of burned plant resins, balms and oils have been found in tombs, hieroglyphics and other ruins.
Aromatherapy has evolved since ancient times, and we have only begun discovering the science behind how plant essences benefit our physical and psychological health. Enhancing mood is one of aromatherapy’s most understood benefits. Have you ever smelled your favorite flower or baked goods and couldn’t help but smile? Create a romantic, uplifting, relaxing or other desirable ambiance by diffusing essential oils in your home or car. People diffuse oils purely for the love of a scent, aromatherapy benefits or both. Whatever your reason, it is recommended you use an electric nebulizer or diffuser (steam or fan) to maintain the molecular integrity of the compound because essential oils can breakdown if exposed to heat. On August 15, Lemongrass Spa Products is releasing three new diffuser choices: Welcome Home Ultrasonic Diffuser (steam), Lattice Diffuser (fan) and Wall Diffuser (fan) to go along with our popular Car Diffuser (fan).
Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the diffuser to enjoy the aroma throughout your home or car. Along with your favorite individual essential oils and blends, here are ten different combinations to try:
- 3 drops Organic Lavender and 5 drops Organic Peppermint
- 2 drops each Organic Lemongrass and Organic Geranium
- 2 drops Organic Frankincense and 4 drops Balancing Act
- 2 drops Pure Air Blend, 1 drop Organic Tea Tree and 1 drop Organic Lemongrass
- 2 drops Organic Peppermint, 2 drops Organic Lemon and 1 drop Organic Frankincense
- 2-3 drops each Organic Lavender and Organic Geranium
- 2 drops each Organic Lavender, Organic Lemon and Organic Peppermint
- 1 drop each Organic Lemongrass and Organic Tea Tree
- 2 drops each Organic Lemongrass and Organic Peppermint
- 3 drops Immune Boost and 2 drops Organic Lemon
Do you have a favorite essential oil combination for your diffuser? Let me know in the comments!