Lemongrass Spa Blog
How to Make Mom Feel Like a Million Bucks
Every woman wants to feel cherished, loved and appreciated. According to a survey done by the Daily Mail with 2,000 women in 2013, receiving a compliment from a friend or spouse was the biggest confidence booster, followed by having perfect hair and looking good in pictures.
The study revealed that having a good night's sleep, a cuddle, being told "I love you" and a smile from a stranger were also guaranteed to make a woman feel happy about herself.
It also found that four out of ten women get an immediate confidence boost if they look good in a photo. Another 40 percent say they feel great after getting a night of good sleep.
While 60 percent of women follow a strict beauty regime to ensure they leave the house feeling confident, 38 percent only need a cuddle from a child, partner, relative or friend to feel loved for the rest of the day.
Women also get an esteem boost when others ask them where they bought something they are wearing, such as a sweater or purse. Another thing women love is when they’re asked who their hairdresser is or what brand of makeup they use!
Getting some shut-eye is important, too. A bad night's sleep is the worst when it comes to damaging a woman's confidence level.Waking up with messy hair and bad skin makes 40 percent of women feel terrible, and 38 percent of women get depressed if someone overestimates their age.
Want to Make a Mom Feel Like a Million Bucks? Here are nine ways she’ll instantly feel more confident.
- Give her a sincere compliment. Sometimes just a few kind words can make her day. “Wow, the color you’re wearing today makes your eyes pop.”
- Having a good hair day. Choosing the right hair care products can go a long way in taming the mane, boosting shine and giving hair a healthy glow. A quick spritz of Botanical Hair Spray can keep her looking her best.
- Savvy selfies! Women feel much better about themselves if they’ve recently been in photo that’s flattering. Don’t be shy about offering tips to your bestie or your mom so she can look her best. To look ten pounds lighter, twist your torso toward the camera so one shoulder is closer to the camera. To make skin appear more youthful, apply Pink Lighten Up Concealing Stick around the eyes underneath foundation. Use Contour Powder to define cheekbones and use along the sides of the nose to make it appear smaller.
- Having smooth, silky legs is a plus. According to the survey, forty-two percent of women feel better about themselves when they step outside with silky smooth legs. Hop in the shower with a jar of Body Polish and your favorite razor and experience the smoothest shave ever! Moms especially love Mandarin Orange and Midnight Orchid Body Polish.
- Getting a good night's sleep is key. Without a consistent sleep schedule moms aren’t able to give their best to their family. Offer her relaxation tips such as unplugging from technology with a good book. Diffuse Lavender Essential Oil to aid in relaxation. Take a warm bath with therapeutic Lavender Vanilla Mineral Bath Soak.
- Being hugged or cuddled makes moms smile. Lemongrass Spa offers a great smelling products that can attract your mate to you. And using natural deodorant gives you confidence when cuddling with your kids. As a mom, giving your child a back rub, applying lotion to their hands and kissing a boo boo is part of their love language.
- Being told she looks younger than she is. It’s music to a woman’s ears to hear someone say they look younger than their age! Anti Aging skincare can help erase those years with regular use and can aid in preventing premature fine lines and age spots. The Anti Aging Oil Serum can be applied at night to help smooth and recharge skin cells overnight. Adding a drop of Frankincense Essential Oil to your face crème is also effective in reducing the signs of aging.
- Getting a manicure or pedicure is rejuvenating. Warm mineral foot soaks are one of the most therapeutic treatments you can do for a mom. Epsom salts have been used for centuries to aid in reducing swelling in ankles, drawing out toxins and reducing fatigue. Applying Peppermint Foot Balm after a rejuvenating soak can put a skip in her step and soften rough, dry heels.
- Surprise her with a handwritten note. Moms love receiving non-verbal affirmations, whether it’s an eloquent poem written on a greeting card or a scribbled page from a coloring book from a child. Showing her you care by leaving a hand written message will make her heart happy.
If you want to reach the top, don’t run over others. Likely, the only way you’ll reach the top is to be carried there by others.