You’ve booked your tickets to that summer getaway but before you leave town, you realize that your skin isn’t beach ready! Here are five easy steps to glowing arms, legs and even feet!
- Use our Body Polish before you remove unwanted hair to prepare skin for the smoothest shave. The polish will remove any dull skin and hydrate with its natural oils leaving you with a healthy summer glow. To subtly enhance your skin’s color and add a touch of sparkle and shine, follow with one of our Bronzing Butters in two seasonal scents, Coconut Cream and Mandarin Orange.
- During outdoor summer activities don’t forget to apply one of our Lemongrass Spa sunscreens to shield your skin from sun damaging rays. Help protect the environment with our Ocean Friendly Sunscreen SPF 30. The Sunscreen Sport Stick SPF 30 is easy for traveling or touch ups through out the day. The Tinted Sunscreen Sport Stick SPF 30 or BB Crème is easy to wear with our Sheer Minerals Makeup for extra protection for everyday use. For the safest sunscreens on the market, including Lemongrass Spa’s Ocean Friendly and Sport Stick, check out the Environmental Working Group’s 2016 Guide to sunscreens.
- If you have experienced too much sun, place our Hand and Body Lotion, Body Icing or Ultra Hydrating Body Crème in the refrigerator before applying. This will not only moisturize sun-damaged skin, but also soothe and cool down the burn. You can even add a couple drops of our certified organic Peppermint Essential Oil to the lotion to help draw the heat out of sunburned skin. Another Lemongrass Spa product that is refreshing to place in the fridge is the Hydrating Body Spritz. Misting the refreshing spritz on the go or after a day of outdoor adventures is another great way to cool down.
- Beach walks, flip flips, sandals and being barefoot can take a toll on your feet during warm weather months. Our Complete Cucumber or Herbal Foot Care Kits are the perfect answers for feet in need of some attention. For deep moisturizing, places socks over your feet for a couple hours or over night after using the foot balms. While getting your feet sandal-ready, consider blessing a deserving service member stationed overseas with a foot spa by purchasing a Freedom Feet Foot Kit; click here to learn more about the Freedom Feet program.
- These are some other important tips that are often overlooked to keep your skin summer ready. Your underarm area can be very sensitive especially if you are shaving more often. Our new all Natural Deodorant Paste and Deodorant Spray are gentle on skin and will help keep odor away. We also have a Natural Deodorant Stick for those who like a more traditional deodorant. The last summer skin tip is to wear a bug spray. There is nothing worse then having itchy bug bites during the summer. Take Bug-a-Boo Insect Repellent with you to all your outdoor activates to keep those pests away. If you happen to get a bite, place our Healing Elements Balm on it as soon as possible to help soothe the itch and irritation.
With these five steps your skin will be ready for warm weather! We hope that you take Lemongrass Spa with you throughout all your summer activities. Have a happy, healthy and safe skin summer!